Upcoming Event – October 2016:
Attention Educators! Register Now for the following two sessions at SAGE, hosted by the Manitoba Association of Multi-age Educators (MAME):
(1) AM Session MA109: ‘Dyslexia in the Classroom’.
(2) PM Session MA207: “CLOVER in the Classroom. The Importance of Teaching Reading”.
More Details for Educators here: Click on ‘Tickets’ to see full description of these two sessions presented by the ‘Dyslexia Champions of Manitoba’.
Thank you to all the educators who attended the summer training courses.
May 2016 :
Read letters from Dyslexia Champions of Manitoba to Manitoba’s new Premier, Honourable Brian Pallister and Manitoba’s Education Minister the Honourable Ian Wishart. DCM has requested a meeting to discuss how we can work together with the new Provincial government to support children with dyslexia in Manitoba schools.
- Premier Brian Pallister. See: DCM to Brian Pallister May, 2016
- Honourable Ian Wishart, Minister of Education, Province of Manitoba. See: final DCM to Ian Wishart May, 2016 (15)-3 DCM to Brian Pallister May, 2016
Learning Disabilities & Dyslexia: Research to Practice Multisensory Activities for the Classroom.Hosted by Dyslexia Champions of Manitoba & University of Manitoba, Faculty of Education
Thank you to all the 80 participants, sponsors (Jenny Craig, Scholar’s Choice, Starbucks), our amazing presenter Corey Zylstra (Reach Learning Centre), our partner Faculty of Education (University of Manitoba), and volunteers who helped make our April 9, 2016 workshop a great success!
Check out the material posted on the ’Presentations and Resources‘ page of this website. Connect with others. See our ‘Parent to Parent’ contact list.
Welcome to the Dyslexia Champions of Manitoba website. Our organization has created Dyslexia Champions of Manitoba and this website to create a dyslexia-informed community where we can share information, learn from one another, and connect with resource professionals.
We are now affiliated with the The International Dyslexia Association Ontario Branch , formally affiliated with the Upper Midwest Branch of IDA.
You can read our brochure for more information about us and resources that you can access.
“Working together to champion the gifts, and to advocate for the needs of Manitobans with dyslexia.
1. Support – Provide support and recognition of the strengths and challenges for those families living with dyslexia.
2. Advocacy – Be a strong voice for the equality of education of those with dyslexia.
3. Education – To provide opportunities for professional development for educators.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the Dyslexia Champions on Twitter and like us on Facebook for links to great resources on Dyslexia.
O-G Tutors of Manitoba
We have a list of contact information for Orton-Gillingham Tutors in Manitoba.
We regularly add success stories for those that have dealt with dyslexia. Check back frequently!
Follow Dyslexia Champions on Twitter